Saturday, December 10, 2011

The unconventional gentleman


I was listening to a song today and it inspired me to write this poem.   Sampson had Delilah, Kermit had Miss piggy, Bonnie had Clyde, and I got this dude??? Ripped off.  Nah, you know I loves ya.



He's an unconventional gentleman
Spawned from the red dirt
Thongs are his trademark
As well as jeans and a t-shirt
His hair is flecked gold, brown, blonde and red
When the sun is out he tans browner than me
He's a stoic son of a gun
He ran circles around me



Don't ever give him Bundy rum
That would be your first mistake
The second would be to sweet talk me
That would be your last mistake
He is the critical voice in my ear that believes in being polite
He is the ever evolving cliche
Of what love is not supposed to feel like



He captured a rolling stone's imagination and kept it still
He caught a free spirit in a glass, and held her against her will
Of all the forces of nature
You'd be mistaken to think him not strong
Because he chained a hurricane to the ground
And silenced a Siren's song


He's a unconventional gentleman
who thinks reading is a utter waste of time
No he will not read this far
His attention will not stretch to these lines


A lovable rogue, my friend my frienemy
He makes a living from mix and mortar
When all is said and done, he believes in me
As he's the man that led my heart to water









No comments:

Post a Comment